I’ve been making plastic mesh screen tops since 2010… BEFORE ANYONE ELSE! I use 3/8″ clear plastic and 1/4″ clear mesh netting. Cutouts and feed doors are available upon request. If you have plastic trim on your tank, the lid will sit on the inside ledge of the trim. If you have a rimless tank, the lid will sit on 2″ tabs on the tank rim and the lid will sit down inside the tank approx. 1/4″.
* Octo Lids™ should not be used in applications where the lid will get saturated with water. For more information please see the warranty page.
* Hinged feed doors (4″ x 3″ for large lids, 3″ x 3″ for nano tanks) are $25 extra!
* Cut-outs are $FREE!
* Quotes are good for 30 days.
Ordering Procedures and guidelines:
- You must submit the form below. You will need to send all required information to received a proper quote.
- If you have special cutouts I will need the dimensions of those cutouts and the placements. You can sketch this on a piece of paper and take a picture of if (see above illustration). Cutouts should be measured from the OUTSIDE of the glass. You can skip the drawing for a quote, but I will need it for your lid order.
- If your tank has a false wall, please measure as if the wall were the end of the tank. The lid will not cover the back chamber to make it easier for maintenance.
- If your tank has any radius corners, you will need to send me the radius measurements.
- Cutouts for overflow boxes are not necessary if the top of the box sits 1/8″-1/4″ below the rim of your tank. Please specify the distance when ordering. Lids tend to look much more “clean” without overflow cutouts.
- Once I have all the measurements and payment, I will create a digital rendering which will be emailed to you. You must email me back confirming everything looks good.
- Turnaround time is generally four weeks from the time I receive your confirmation of the rendering.
- Your Octo Lid™ will be cut to the dimensions you send me. I am not responsible for incorrect measurements you send me! Always measure multiple times.